Thursday, October 9, 2008

Response to week 9 'Five videoblogs that do it right.'

I really enjoyed the reading on video bloggers or vloggers, as it was a simple and interesting introduction into the world of video blogs.

The videos that were mentioned in the story were quite varied, but it gave me a good taste of what is out there.

I always thought that Youtube was video blogging, however I can now see the difference in quality between the more amateur vlogs on Youtube compared with the likes of 'Alive in Bahgdad'.

In my experience, video bloggers use video as a new way to vent, or rant, or simply give their opinion on something.

However with the examples given in the reading, I can see how vlogging can be used as a more interactive reporting tool.

I really enjoyed the video on the fuel crisis in Bahgdad as I wouldn't normally see something like that broadcast.

It gave a different view of what is going on over there, other than the images of war that I see on the news.

Similarly the Rocketboom video gave me an insight into some of the issues in the world that I didn't have any clue about.

So, in the interest of trying new things, here is my own vlog in which I tried to think of something interesting or inspiring to say, but ended up with a late night blurb!


No comments: