Thursday, October 9, 2008

Response to week 10 'Who found my mojo'.

I love the fact that as this unit has progressed, so have the different tools used for journalism that we have looked at.

Until recently, I wasn't aware that mojo's existed to the degree that they do. In many countries they are growing in numbers and may soon be commonplace in place of the traditional journalist.

I understand that technological improvements in the mobile phone are ever-evolving; however I didn't think that they would be good enough to be used solely for reporting or broadcasting a news story.

If I were mobile journalist, I would be more than happy travelling around with just a mobile phone in my pocket, knowing I had the only tool I needed to report and broadcast breaking news.

It makes sense that the more simplified the tools are to use, the easier it will be for journalists to capture a story as it happens and then get it back to their news desk immediately.

As a journalist, the ability to multi-task is crucial.

The ability to record an interview and commentary on a mobile phone and then transmit it back to the news desk for broadcasting without the use of others such as a cameraman, alleviates the use for multiple persons to be dispatched to a potential story.

And for the bosses in the office, this would equate to a cheaper way to run the business.

No comments: